11/3/10

Riddles

What is the one question no one can answer yes to?

Cut me and I bleed blood as red as my flesh yet I have a heart of stone. What am I?

Which clock works best, the one that loses a minute a day, or the one that doesn't work at all?

What goes up, but never comes down?

I turn around once. What is out will not get in. I turn around again. What is in will not get out. What am I?

Until I am measured, I am not known. Yet how you miss me, When I have flown. What am I?

Where on Earth do the winds always blow from the South?

What can you catch but not throw?

I never was, am always to be, No one ever saw me, nor ever will, What am I?

All about, but cannot be seen, Can be captured, cannot be held, Not said, but can be heard. What is it?

What does man love more than life? Fear more than death or mortal strife? What do the poor have, what the rich require, And what contented men desire? What does the miser spend, the spendthrift save, And all men carry to their graves?

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

The more you take,  the more you leave behind.  What are they?
What belongs to you, but others use more then you do?

answers to come

No comments:

Post a Comment